Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Assessment is tough..

Wow. After yesterday's class I realize how in depth assessment really is. I mean, it's like every single aspect of our assessment has to be recorded, every corner needs to be covered. I feel like I got a better understanding about it though, almost as if I can do better on my lesson plans now. I think yesterday's lesson also hooked me up pretty good with my lesson plans due for the midterm. I was having a lot of trouble figuring out how to assess my goals but now I think I'll do just fine.
--Mike

2 comments:

Mohammad Awadallah said...

I agree with you..isn't insane how much you must go through just to complete an assesssment...but im glad we went through how to do a proper assessment so that it will jelp us while doing our lesson plans

Dr. Luongo said...

Assessment is a tough process. I think when we start thinking of teaching, we forget that assessment is really what guides the learning.

Objectives are a good start, but in the end if we do not accomplish what we set out to accomplish, will our teaching REALLY matter?

Great post!